Please help us with our petition to protect free speech about COVID and natural treatments of COVID. Action Alert! The recent death of Herman Cain from COVID illustrates what is happening. A successful businessman who ran for president as a Republican, his entry into politics and his death after attending a Trump rally provoked a
Please help us with our petition to protect free speech about COVID and natural treatments of COVID. Action Alert!
The recent death of Herman Cain from COVID illustrates what is happening. A successful businessman who ran for president as a Republican, his entry into politics and his death after attending a Trump rally provoked a lot of internet political comment. We aren’t concerned with that. But we do wonder: Did this 74-year-old man have to die? The answer seems to us to be a resounding no.
The US medical system is ignoring any treatment that is not patentable and therefore cannot provide a multi-billion profit for some giant healthcare company. This was bad enough before COVID. It always had the tragic consequence of unnecessary deaths. But now with COVID it is particularly unconscionable. Did anyone even check Cain’s vitamin D level? Was he given potassium in the hospital? Zinc or quercetin? Intravenous C? It is barely possible he was given a little potassium, but we doubt even that.
Here again is our summary of advice from leading integrative doctors on how best to prevent COVID infection or how best to treat it.
- Vitamin D can aid in respiratory health. It also has anti-inflammatory properties. Experts recommend maintaining blood levels of 25-hydroxyvitamin D over 50 ng/mL, with some recommending a level as high as 70 ng/mL. A physician knowledgeable in natural medicine should be consulted to determine the right level for you.
- Zinc is essential for immunity. It is a potent antioxidant, supporting natural killer cell function. Crucially, many Americans have sub-optimal zinc levels, particularly the elderly, which compromises the immune system. Zinc may improve the chance of avoiding respiratory tract infections in the elderly and those who are zinc deficient. Importantly, zinc may prevent coronavirus entry into cells and appears to reduce coronavirus virulence. Increasing intracellular zinc concentrations has been shown to inhibit viral replication.
- Quercetin and EGCG enhance the entry of zinc into cells, much like the drug chloroquine. Note too that quercetin itself has anti-viral properties. There have already been animal trials on the zinc/quercetin combination for use against Ebola and SARS-CoV1, and human clinical trials have been approved by the FDA.
- Intravenous vitamin C (IVC) has been used to great effect in some New York hospitals. There are currently clinical trials underway in China assessing IVC’s ability to treat COVID-19, although we’re told that the dose being used is far too low to have a great effect, which is a shame since a negative result in the trial will give ammunition to skeptics. Clinicaltrials.gov lists a total of ten clinical trials underway around the world looking at vitamin C, often in combination with other supplements, and COVID-19.
- Potassium appears to be another key nutrient implicated in COVID-19 cases. Preliminary data show that COVID-19 patients exhibit hypokalemia (low potassium in the blood) and that potassium supplementation assisted recovery. Note that a national survey of 16,444 Americans found that 100% were not getting the estimated average requirement (EAR) of potassium (EAR is the intake level for a nutrient at which the needs of 50 percent of the population will be met). This critical nutrient could be saving lives, but the government is too busy searching for pharmaceutical interventions that can make drug companies rich.
- Astaxanthin, an antioxidant that is derived from microalgae, could also be helpful as an adjunct therapy to relieve the cytokine storm found in COVID-19 cases. Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant, immune booster, anti-inflammatory, neuroprotector and immunomodulatory with antibacterial and anti-apoptotic effects.
- Oregano and monolaurin are candidates to attack the viral capsule.
More can be found here.
You won’t hear about these things from conventional medical doctors, much less the federal government, which is actively suppressing the dissemination of information about the success of natural remedies like intravenous vitamin C, zinc, quercetin, and others to fight COVID-19.
The FDA approval required to make COVID-19 or any other disease-related claim means conducting RCTs, which for natural products are prohibitively expensive. Drug companies can afford this massive investment because drugs are patentable and enjoy a period of market exclusivity, so companies can recoup the cost of RCTs. Natural products are generally not patentable, so requiring RCTs to make any specific disease claim—no matter how many studies support the claim—is a backhanded way of preventing all disease claims for natural products and thus preserving the monopoly of pharmaceutical drugs to treat illness.
The healthcare system in this country is rigged against inexpensive, safe, and effective natural remedies in favor of expensive pharmaceutical drugs. We need to reform this system that not only bars the use, but even the mention, of natural remedies that have not been, and never can be, put through the multi-billion dollar FDA approval process.
Have you signed our petition yet? We need your help!
Action Alert! Sign our petition to defend natural medicine and reform American healthcare. Please send your message immediately.